Matt outlined three topics in this five-minute video.
(1) SEOs confuse algorithm updates with data refreshes.
(2) Panda & Penguin algorithms are not about making Google more money in the short term.
(3) SEOs spend too much energy and time focused on link building and only thinking about search engines.
Matt Cutt is giving more info on their website:
- Google’s Cutts On SEO Industry Misconceptions: Updates, Revenue Goals & Link Building Obsession (searchengineland.com)
- Watch out google penguin update (internetmarketingjakarta.wordpress.com)
- Google’s Penguin Update Impacts (onecoolsitebloggingtips.com)
- Why I Hate SEO Techniques (business2community.com)